Online Safety Tips
- Keep your profiles PRIVATE!
- DO NOT accept any users that you do not know.
- Ask questions: Have I ever met you in the real world?
- NEVER give out your phone number or address to strangers on line
- Be careful tagging pictures of yourself
- Tagging your location can make you vulnerable: disable your “location services” or don’t make them public
- Limit the amount of personal information you put on line, this includes where you go to school, your date of birth and where you live
- Ask friends not to tag photos of you on line
- Report Them! If someone won’t stop requesting, you or posts inappropriate pictures. Simple, if someone is bothering you: report them!
- Once it’s out there, you cannot take it back. Be careful with what you post—do you want your teachers, parents, future employers to see it? If not, don’t post it.
Why is this important?
Social Media is often used for Pimps and Traffickers to recruit.
Methods used on sites:
- Burn Note
- Dating Sites (i.e. Plenty of Fish)