Drama / Theater / Performing Arts
50 – 60 minutes
Middle + High School Students
- Learn about the social injustice of sex trafficking.
- Develop monologues, skits, and demonstration pieces to raise awareness about human trafficking and spur students to action.
- Present projects to school campus.
- To continue exploring the social injustice of sex trafficking.
- To explore the topic of sex trafficking through the medium of theatre.
- To demonstrate the power of storytelling.
- To raise awareness and inspire social action.
- To practice presenting social injustice issues in the form of theatre to invoke emotion from the audience and spur them to action.
- To inspire students to be active participants in community change.
Common Core Criteria
1. Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
4. Select, analyze, and interpret artistic work for presentation.
11. Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.