Poetry / Literature
50 – 60 minutes
Middle + High School Students
- To gain knowledge and understanding of sex trafficking.
- To understand the relationship between supply and demand in the sex trafficking market.
- Apply understanding of the relationship between supply and demand to examine the
negative externalities associated with sex trafficking.
- To understand how the forces of supply and demand interact in the sex trafficking market.
- Apply knowledge of supply and demand to identify negative externalities.
- Identify factors in sex trafficking that would be considered a negative externality.
Common Core State Standards
Anchor Standards for Reading
1. Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
2. Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
3. Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text.
6. Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text.
9. Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take.
Anchor Standards for Writing
3. Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
Anchor Standards for Speaking and Listening
4. Present information, findings, and supporting evidence such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organization, development, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience