Photography / Media Arts
50 – 60 minutes
Middle + High School Students
- Practice skills in critical thinking and critical analysis to think about how journalism can raise awareness about social injustices.
- Utilize school news sources to educate students about the issue of human trafficking.
- Utilize school news sources to mobilize students to take action in fighting human trafficking.
- Present art project to school campus.
- To continue exploring the social injustice of sex trafficking
- To explore the topic of sex trafficking through the medium of photography.
- To demonstrate the power of imagery to tell a story, raise awareness, and inspire social action.
- To practice presenting complex or abstract ideas through photography.
- To inspire students to be active participants in community change.
Common Core Criteria
1. Generate and conceptualize artistic work.
6. Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work. 7. Perceive and analyze artistic work.
11. Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.